Do you love reading and reviewing books? If so, blogging for books can boost your income 10 fold.
There are many advantages to starting your own book blog.
What kind you ask, well…
As a book reviewer you can meet authors, get free books, build influence, and of course make money. We all love that last part 🙂
Imagine getting your favorite books autographed by your favorite author in places like Barnes and Noble.
Or better yet, in New York at a book signing in which you are a VIP guest.
Once a brand is built publishers give books to bloggers for advanced reading. Review sites like the one you can build today will make you an influencer.
This is the Power of Publish!
You already have a passion for reading. As a result, you spend many hours and a ton of your hard earned money buying books. Especially toward the beginning of the year.
So, the question is, how can you turn that into income or influence?
Top 7 Reasons You Should Be Blogging for Books
- Earn passive income from your blog
- Free and autographed books
- Advanced copies of books
- Expanded community of book readers
- Better writing skills
- Sharpen reading skills
- Build an audience & gain influence
How to Make Money Blogging for Books
Years ago book bloggers published their websites as a hobby, in addition to building strong communities. Before social media platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter arrived to change things. As a result, blogging for books became an extra way to earn passive income online.
Here are some income earning ideas:
- Affiliate income. Get a commission from Amazon for books you recommend through affiliate links on your website.
- Become a freelance writer. Earn from magazines, authors, and other websites for reviews and book content.
- Advertising. Get paid from writers for promotions or ad spots on your blog.
- Selling your products or services. Earn significant money from promoting your own books & products.
Follow the Leader
Reading other book blogs will give you a great idea of what is being published online. You want to study the success that other bloggers are having.
Get an understanding of how often they post. Also, look at how their blog post are structured. Take note of character as well. Is the writer’s tone serious? Funny? Sarcastic?
Here are 3 amazing book blogs to check out.
4 Amazing Book Review Sites
If you want to become a book reviewer there are plenty of websites to do so. However, the four listed below are well known and have been around for a long time. Some of the review sites are publishing houses and others are filled with authors. Both need readers for posting reviews on blogs and social media around the web. Check them out and read through guidelines for the best fit.
- Bethany House. If you are an evangelical reader Baker Publishing Group is for you. They publish high quality writings representing historical Christianity.
- BookPage. Located in Nashville, Tennessee distributing a monthly book review publication to over 400,000 readers. Founded in 1988 and subscribed to through bookstores and public libraries.
- Foreword Reviews. Launched in 1998 to help librarians and booksellers discover books from indie presses. A mission they have kept pure for over 10 years.
- GoodReads. With over 80 million members Goodreads is the largest website for readers & book recommendations. Launched in 2007 the site has added over 2.3 billion books.
Expand Your World by Sharing Your Passion
As you can see, blogging about books can be an amazing experience. If it’s a hobby right now you can quickly turn it into a small business online.
How awesome would it be to get paid for reading and writing? It’s something you are doing every week for pure enjoyment.
Get started on building your book blog today. Go ahead and share your passion with the world. Here is my Step-by-Step guide for beginners.